First Chinese Southern Baptist Church began as a storefront mission in Chinatown in 1950 when the Southern Baptist Home Mission Board saw the need for preaching the Gospel to the increasing number of Chinese living in San Francisco. In 1952, they purchased the church building on the corner of Hyde and Clay Streets. The mission moved into the building and held its first service just before Christmas of that year. In October 1955, the mission was officially organized into a church.
在1950年， 第一 華人美南浸信㑹在三藩市唐人埠以一小舗位作基址， 開始宣教工作。美南浸信聯會的家庭宣教部看到越來越多在舊金山生活的中國人有福音的需要 ; 於是在1952年， 購買了Hyde 和Clay街街角處的教堂建築物 ; 並在同年聖誕節前舉行了第一次的崇拜聚會。教㑹在1955年10月正式成立。
Today, FCSBC is a multigenerational, multicultural church. While we are made up of two congregations, the English speaking and the Chinese speaking, we are united under our Lord Jesus Christ. Through the power of the Holy Spirit, we seek earnestly to live to glorify God and bring Him praise. Together we maintain a faithful ministry of worship, witness, education, fellowship and service.
今天，第一 華人美南浸信會是一個服務不同年龄，階層，多元化的教會。我們教會設有中文崇拜，倚靠主耶稣在基督裏合而為一 ; 藉著聖靈的力量，一同追求聖潔的生活，一起成長 ; 敬拜、見證、榮耀 神。
For more information, send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Purpose Statement 我們的宗旨
Motivated by God’s love and rooted in His word, we are convicted and empowered by His spirit to actively proclaim Christ to the lost. We strive to evangelize, establish, and equip all to become mature, multiplying disciples of Jesus Christ here in San Francisco and throughout the world.
䝉神的爱感動及紮根在 神的話語中,我們得以蜕變及得着聖靈的能力向人傳揚基督。我們努力傳福音; 建立和装備各人成為一群成熟和爱主的門徒;將福音在三藩市以至世界各地傳開,引领人歸主。
Our Beliefs 我們的信仰宣言
We believe that the Holy Bible is the Inspired Word of God and is the only basis for our statement of faith. We subscribe to the doctrinal statement of “The Baptist Faith and Message” as adopted by the Southern Baptist Convention.
Our core beliefs 我們的核心信念
- We believe that the Holy Bible is divinely inspired and is God’s revelation of Himself to us. All Scripture is without error, totally true and trustworthy.
- We believe that there is one and only one living and true God, maker of heaven and earth. The eternal triune God reveals Himself to us as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in Jesus Christ, God’s only Son, born of the virgin Mary, who was pregnant by the power of the Holy Spirit. Jesus, who is both God and man, lived a sinless life. He was crucified to death and was buried. His blood on the cross was the atonement for our sins. On the third day, He resurrected from the dead. He ascended into heaven and is at the right hand of God the Father in power and glory.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, which is the Spirit of God. It indwells in every believer and empowers the Christian and the church in holy living, worship, evangelism and service.
- We believe that we are all sinners and are reconciled to God only through repenting of our sins and accepting the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Salvation is a free gift through the grace of God for everyone. There is no salvation apart from personal faith in Jesus Christ as Lord.
- We believe the church is the body of Christ and our mission is to bring the Gospel to the ends of the earth.